Wet Willies is one of the oldest hangouts in SL still standing and going strong. The traffic the club attracts is extremely high (In the previous day to this review, the SL search showed a 67499 traffic count, wow!) and is known for the 70s-80s classic rock music played by its DJs and its 24/7 busy dance floor. We decided to check it out!
We arrived Wet Willies at around 02:00pm SLT on Saturday, November 1st, 2014.
The landing point is at an HUGE outdoor mall, the club is visible to sight and in a short walking distance from the LP, a good idea as the dance floor was already packed with approximately 30 avatars upon our arrival and loading took some time.
We walked up some stairs into Wet Willies to find a Dj and host in the club. No dancers and no visible theme.
It should be said that the lag was great, some of us crashed, others decided to de-render many of the avs on floor just to be able to stay there.
WET WILLIES is a large warehouse looking club. It has metal floors and concrete walls, scaffolds on the ceiling and it is wide open from 3 sides, one wall is a large stage where the DJ and Host were standing on.
- The club is built inside of an old warehouse. The concrete barrier gives way to a dance floor made of metal grating.
- A lot of signs and ads around even the mall is visible from every entry and exit
- The club itself has quite a bland theme to it, nothing that particularly stands out to me. The area itself inside the club feels a little too large and open with a lot of empty space to be filled on the dance floor which indicates the club is expecting a large amount of traffic
Through the opened walls you can see the shopping mall that surrounds he clubs. There are some music related poster in the club, some advertisements, and a big sign invites you to join their staff. There are a couple of chairs if you want to sit down and relax but they are out of the floor’s chat range.
It seems to us like the main thought of the design was to be a room big enough to fill the insane amount of Avs in the club, with a desire to maybe try to fit to everyone’s taste – it has no specific character or say, it is practical and roomy.
General Visual Score – 3
Walking into Wet Willies we are warmly greeted by the hostess and by few of the avs in the room.
There is a relaxed chat going on in local, a Trivia game is running and the general feel is very friendly, welcoming and warm.
Both Host and DJ are engaged in chat, and we are truly impressed by how no one is ignored, everyone is greeted and talked to even though people are constantly coming in and out.
- Very friendly. Was greeted right away by both members of staff
- With Trivia going on tonight there is plenty of chat from VIP’s guessing and general fun
- DJ was engaging in local chat which is always a plus
- The atmosphere is pretty relaxed to the point where I feel comfortable enough to talk in local and feel welcome by others there.
- The atmosphere is slightly interrupted with the TP point being so close causing people passing by to be picked up on radar and welcomed before they get chance to move up to everyone.
The crowd and staff are both using a lot of gestures and spankers. At some points the spam was completely overtaking the chat. At other times it wasn’t bothersome.
General Friendly Score – 4.3
Wet Willies has a very busy schedule of 24/7. It is published as a 70s-80s Classic Rock venue.
What’s going on in the club –
- 02:00pm – 04:11pm – DJ Dax Bonetto
When you come to Wet Willies you expect GREAT classic rock. You expect to hear familiar and loved tunes and it is exactly what we were served in our visit at the club.
The DJ played a fantastic mix of song from the 70s, 80s and even 90s, transiting with professionalism between genres and styles, and mixing up the music with humorous voice overs. We loved it!
- I Got exactly what i thought i should be getting at Wet Willies. This is THE classic rock venue in sl and that’s what you are getting when you come here.
- The music was well known and fun, even a few songs that felt like “oh i love this and i haven’t heard it in forever”
- I quite enjoyed the music played during this set which wasn’t the same old classic rock songs you hear everywhere else
- The DJ played Classic music which I loved, none of the cliche classics that you typically hear from most other clubs.
- The songs fit together well and had a nice flow to them.
There was a smooth balance between very well known classic rock songs and some less familiar songs by super famous artists. We were delighted when we didn’t feel like we’ve heard the same ol’ songs we hear in every classic rock set around the grid.
Examples of songs played while we were there:
- ZZ Top – Gimme all your lovin’
- Adelitas Way – Dirty Little Thing
- Pretenders – Brass In Pocket
General Music Score – 4.3
General Impression ______________________________________________________________________
If you enjoy the Classic Rock tunes and looking for a lively hangout with a friendly conversation –
Wet Willies might be the place for you, as long as your computer can handle the incredible lag there.
Don’t expect a unique adventure when going to Wet Willies. the place offers a “fit to all” experience with its design and music genre and we believe that this is one of the main reasons that this place is so packed and hopping all the time.
The crowd at Wet Willies is for the most part dressed casually, and is very varied between old school system clothing to the newest mesh designs out there.
- I’m not a fan of giant clubs with giant malls with lots of lag
- The club’s site published on their facebook page is dead, not loading.
- The music was brilliant but unfortunately was let down by the gesturing between a constant stream of people passing through.
- LAAAAG LAAAAG LAAAAAG
We left Wet Willies at 04:18pm, there were more than 35 avatars on the dance floor when leaving.
General Club Score – 3.9
Ever been to WET WILLIES?
Tell us your own impressions in the comments!
If you want your club to be reviewed, Please contact us